TITLE: Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Tennessee Naturalist Program Board
PAY: $20/hr @ 10 hours a week
TYPE: Part-Time Contracted
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the TNP Operations Coordinator position is to oversee the program operations and communications of the Tennessee Naturalist Program. The operations coordinator oversees a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, maintaining the student and chapter database and registration process, basic website modifications, annual appeal, mini-grant submissions, and invoicing.
- Manage the student database including but not limited to auditing and approving hours submissions, responding to queries and FAQs, assisting chapters during registration process, ensuring any issues are reported, and submitting announcements and other student communications.
- Manage invoicing and receipt of payments for chapter fees, TN2 (continuing education programs) submissions, contracted work, etc.
- Regular reporting to the board and occasional attendance at quarterly board meetings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplemental projects including but not limited to marketing directives, continuing education program development, annual meetings, etc.
- Develop alumni annual appeal and follow up communications.
- Refine and prepare mini-grant submissions on a continual basis.
- Manage the TNP website including but not limited to basic content changes and reporting any issues to website developer.
- Develop and submit quarterly newsletter to social media and students.
- Develop and submit TN2 (continuing education programs) and core course announcements to social media and students.
- Knowledge and experience with data management software.
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress and plugins.
- Knowledge and experience with e-newsletter platforms (i.e., Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.).
- Experience with managing social media sites, specifically Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be self-driven and capable of completing tasks without constant oversight and with a quick turnaround.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Ability to respond to requests within 1-3 days of receipt.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to Kristin Hopkins, TNP Chair at Kristin.email@example.com, subject line: TNP Operations Coordinator. The application review process will begin on December 10, 2023.